Monday, October 10, 2011

Two New Paintings

Hi Everyone,
Here are a couple paintings that I've been working on. They go together (which I suppose is obvious). I had to bring a lot of elements together for these paintings (much coming from my imagination) which was challenging and sometimes frustrating. The narrative was what really motivated me on these paintings and it was a good learning experience to see my way through the ups and downs of the process. Each painting is 24"x20" and together they are titled "Half World".

Thanks for looking!
Scott


10 comments:

  1. Great Work! These are beautiful. Thank you for pushing the envelope in the narrative department. Its inspiring to see an artist paint worlds that you could only use your "imagination" to see.

    ~Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Scott! These are outrageously good, really beautiful. It's so exciting to see work of this quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are incredible, Scott. Indeed, thanks for pushing the envelope!

    Asa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words guys! It means a lot that you took the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how luminous these works are. When and where can they be seen in person?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am surprised by how small they are. Normally, I expect figurative paintings to be much larger. Do you find that it is easier or more challenging to work on a smaller canvas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really beautiful paintings, Scott! As far as I'm concerned, one of the most talented painters working today (really, its impressive what compelling stories you're able to tell by creating tangible worlds). Its a wonderful thing when something is so well painted that we can go straight to the story its trying to communicate (isn't this the motive for us contemporary realist painters, after all?)Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see whats next.

      Delete